Children's eyes and their protection have been very important to us for many years. For this reason, we have been working closely with recognised baby and children's eyecare specialists in Germany for a long time in order to guarantee the best possible care for the "smallest" and Z-Generation kids.
OPHTHALMICA children lenses
OPHTHALMICA children lenses are especially suitable for children and adolescents with very small diameters - starting at 38 mm - and high optical powers.
The OPHTHALMICA children lenses are surfaced extra thinly in true manufactory manner, are therefore lighter and can - depending on your requests - be refined with the most suitable antireflection coating including a premium quality hardcoat.
A high UV 400 protection finish is also available. Larger children's pupils and their lighter eye lenses typically cause significantly more UV light in the eyes than adults. UV rays reach the retina where sensitive receptors can be damaged. For pupils and young people who increasingly use electronic media (often in artificially lit rooms) for their work and leisure activities, blue-light protection
UV 420 lenses are recommended, which effectively absorb the short-wave light up to 420nm. Our years of experience with children and youth lenses and the intensive cooperation with specialist childrens eyecare opticians enables the OPHTHALMICA team to produce the best possible, technically individual lens solutions.
- Light and thin lenses with small diameters (from 38 mm) in the indices 1.5, 1.6 and 1.67
- Effective and robust hardcoat included
- Good aesthetics with the best visual performance
- High prisms possible
- Best UV 400 protection for babies and toddlers
- Effective blue light protection UV 420nm - especially suitable for teenagers / pupils
- Contrast-enhancing special filters for special medical applications
- Great variety of cool colours for sunglasses
- Premium quality - Made in Germany
Call us for a technical consultation and individual manufacturing solution - we will be happy to help!
OPHTHALMICA children lenses are available with single and multi-power lenses as well as with progressive lenses in the robust and shatter-proof Trivex material with fine gradients of powers and the smallest possible diameters.
All children lenses are incl. decentration and center thickness optimisation
- Traditional single-vision children lens for the best and clearest vision
- Individualised single-vision children lens with an optimised visual acuity in the entire lens
- Special lenticular lens with lightweight comfort
- Better cosmetic alternative to classic multifocal glasses
- Individual solutions developed and tested in cooperation with leading children's optometrists (for cross-eyes therapies, aphakias)
- Individualised precise multifocal children lenses
- Clear transition between the far and near vision zones
- Wide near-vision support with Executive or FT45 / FT35 glasses
- Very good compatibility with children and adolescents
- Fast adaptation and high visual acuity
Eyelens wearers with special visual requirements and small patients being treated for accommodative cross-eying often require individual near-vision zones, additions or special prisms. Technologically, the EXEKUTIV is made of a lens piece with a clearly straight, often touchable and separated edge.
The advantage of the lenses is that the far and near vision zones and additions can be customised.
- Individual near-vision zones allow precisely matched fields of vision
- Well suited for children with cross-eyes therapies / for convergence support
- Prisms can be designed differently in the distance and near fields
- High prisms and cylinders available
Today, our eyes are increasingly exposed to shortwave blue light - through LED lamps, fluorescent tubes, smartphones, tablets, flat screens, xenon lights, etc.
OPHTHALMICA offers effective solutions to protect the eyes.
UV 420 DEEP BLUE in Index 1.5 offers an economical and inexpensive way for the perfect protection. The effective UV protection is embedded in the material of the lens (no coating) and therefore benefits from a longer life longevity.
Students who often work with electronic media or under artificial light will highly benefit from wearing the UV 420 DEEP BLUE lens.
- 100% protection against harmful blue light (420 nm)
- 100% UV protection
- Useful blue light (460-465 nm) is transmitted
- Super-coating, antistatic, scratch-resistant, hyper-hydrophobic (water repellent) and hyper-oleophobic (dust repellent) - named SATIN