Lenses for drivers
When driving a car, sharp and clear vision is even more important (for safety reasons) than for everyday or leisure activities. Weather conditions such as fog, wet weather, sun or dazzling LED headlights and frequent changes of view between the street, mirrors and fittings can affect drivers on the road.
OPHTHALMICA driver's lenses are optimised for the special requirements of road traffic to make driving more relaxed and safer.
OPH HD Horizont Drive - Progressive freeform driver lens
The OPH HD Horizont Drive is a premium quality driver's lens with an extended long-range and an enlarged view in the intermediate area to clearly see the fittings, GPS and exterior mirrors. The innovative car lens anti-glare coating has been additionally developed to reduce the glare of the LED and halogen light from oncoming vehicles. In addition, these lenses are fully suitable for day and night driving.
- Extended distance range for a perfect view
- Enlarged intermediate area for a clear view of the fittings, the exterior mirrors, the GPS
- High-tech freeform technology allows individual parameters and freely selectable insets
- Innovative coating for maximum reflex reduction
Available in organic Indices 1.5 - 1.67 and Mineral 1.6 - 1.8
Transitions® DRIVEWEAR® sunglass lenses are the ideal lenses for driving during the day. The lens combines two of the most advanced technologies in the eyewear industry: NuPolar polarization and photochromic technology.
The NuPolar polarization eliminates glare from the road or the hood. Transitions' self-tinting technology adapts the color and tint to the changing light conditions.
- The lenses adjust their ideal degree of tinting to every driving situation
- Fast darkening and brightening - very short reaction time
- Good visual comfort due to contrast-enhancing color
- Glare is switched off by the Nu-polar polarization filter
- Absorb 100% of the UVA and UVB rays
Transitions® DRIVEWEAR® lenses are available on all OPHTHALMICA prescription lenses - single, freeform, conventional progressive and bifocal lenses. Drivewear lenses turn from a green / yellow base to a dark reddish brown. These glasses are not suitable for night driving. NB: Green / Yellow provide strong contrasts in low light. A copper tone lets you better recognize traffic signals in bright sunlight. A dark reddish brown is especially pleasant in strong sunlight.
Transitions® XTRActive® lenses
Transitions® XTRActive® lenses provide extra sun protection, even in the car.
The unique nature of Transitions® XTRActive® lenses protects your eyes from bright sun or bright, artificial light sources: Lenses are extra dark outdoors and provide extra protection against intense sunlight, even at very high temperatures.
Transitions® XTRActive lenses are available on all OPHTHALMICA prescription lenses - single, single direction, conventional progressive and bifocal lenses.
- Rapid darkening even behind the windshield of a car
- Improved visual comfort: The very subtle tint contributes to the protection against bright, artificial light
- Short adaptation time
- Absorb 100% of the UVA and UVB rays
For organic indices 1.5 / 1.6 available in grey and brown.
NuPolar® Infinite Grey™ - polarized and phototropic lens
This versatile sunscreen lens combines polarisation and photochromic technology to provide the widest spectrum of absorption possible. NuPolar® Infinite Grey ™ is the perfect sun protection lens, as well as for the sporty wearer of lenses.
NuPolar® Infinite Grey™ offers the widest possible range of light transmission with 99% polarisation while blocking out unwanted reflections.
With NuPolar® Infinite Grey ™ it is possible to wear prescription sunglasses anytime during the day while enjoying the benefits of polarization (blocking the glare). NuPolar® Infinite Gray ™ can be both, the brightest and the darkest polarized lenses in the same prescription sunglasses with superb visual comfort and glare-free vision.
Wearers of lenses can now enjoy a more comfortable look during different weather conditions. They offer surprisingly good transparency in the brightest state with 60% absorption and maximum protection against intense sunlight in the darkest state with 91% absorption.
Why are NuPolar® Infinite Grey lenses so suitable?
- Block glare in any weather
- Intelligent and fast fading (darker or lighter) depending on the light conditions
- Improve the vision and enhances contrasts
- The lenses do not have to be changed every time the light changes
- Aesthetic grey shades in a single lens
NuPolar® Infinite Grey is available in the 1.5 index, as a freeform progressive, relax and single-vision lens.
OPH NightDrive® glass
OPHTHALMICA's latest innovation, NightDrive® is the ideal driver's lens for driving at dusk and at night.
The NightDrive® minimises the glare of the often glaring car headlights from oncoming vehicles for optimised vision and safer driving.
- Significant reduction in the glare of modern car headlights
- Contrasting vision at dusk and night driving
- Can be combined with the Bellevue progressive lens HORIZONT design
NightDrive® is available in the 1.6 and 1.67 index, as a freeform progressive, driving lens, a Relax lens and a single-vision lens.
Colours and special filters as extra comfort
When driving, certain colours and special filters can make it easier to see the road and traffic. The colours brown, grey and the special filter “Night yellow” improve the vision: light signals such as traffic lights, brake lights are more clearly recognisable. Gradient colours are also chosen for clear views of the dashboard.